Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Blue... Pink......or.....YELLOW?


On Wednesday august 26th at 2:00 in the afternoon, Rusty and I walked from our house (which happens to be just across the street) to Mercy Hospital on a mission to find out the mystery of our baby's gender. I was required to have a "full" bladder for this ultrasound so while we walked I drank my water and while we checked in and waited...I drank my water....and drank and drank! We were finally going to be able to tell friends and family what expect. My friend Suni wanted to find out what we were having by the color of my husbands tie that night at church. A tie with blue in it if it was a boy, with pink if it was a girl, and yellow if it was still not known.

As Rusty and I sat in the waiting room anticipating this exciteing event, we were both nervous and happy to FINALLY find out this mystery. Do we buy pink frilly dresses and adorable headbands? Or blue and white little sailor outfits and tiny suits? Today was the day... or so we thought! When my name was finally called, we anxiously awaited the big news. As the ultrasound technician began checking all the baby's parts, we got to see it moving around and having quite a time in there! It was soo soo cute and funny to watch! We got to see adorable feet, a skeletal looking face, the top of it's head and arm...and a bunch more. The funniest part to Rusty and I was when the technician got a picture of it's legs all stretched out....she saw it and immediately said "Your baby has LONG legs!" All we could do was laugh because that DEFINITELY comes from daddy!

When the time came to find out the baby's gender, the technician asked me if I was as far long as I thought I was. She said that according to her measurements, I was only 17 weeks and 1 day (4 months and 1 week). The perfect time to tell is 18 weeks. She said that in some veiws she thought it looked like a boy and in others a little girl. Needless to say, we still don't know what to buy for and expect! Suni was very disappointed when she walked in and saw Rusty wearing yellow in his tie! (Even though he hid his tie from her forever just to be mean!) Im most likely going back in a week or so. Im still trying to make another appointment. So for now, the color is YELLOW still and the baby's gender remains an unsolved mystery.........and WE ARE GOING CRAZY!!

3 comments:

A lil' about yours truly... said...

Poor Lisa! I can't wait to find out either, and YES, it was mean of Rusty to hide his tie from me!!! LOL

The Weidners said...

Lisa,
I can imagine how frustrated you are! But I wanted to ask you to please email me or text me when you find out since I am no longer on Facebook!
Can't wait to find out! Love u!

Lynn

sisterbubbles said...

Lisa, I hope when you find out it will be right. A friend of mine spent a lot of money on frilly girly stuff only to have to go and buy something for her little boy to wear home from the hospital. lol anxiously waiting.